A common problem for many women, saddlebags are unwanted fat deposits that form around the thighs, hips and buttocks. Saddlebags are often a cause of distress for women who wish their thighs and buttocks looked slimmer in jeans or in a bikini. So, just how do you eliminate saddlebags? For optimal results, pair a healthy diet with these four fat-blasting moves that target your lower body half.
This exercise tones your buttocks, outer hips and outer thighs.
- Start in tabletop position, with shoulders stacked above wrists and hips above the knees.
- Flex your feet and engage the core.
- Keeping the knee bent, lift your left leg out to the side until the inner thigh is parallel with the ground.
- Slowly lower your leg and return to starting position.
- Complete 15 reps on each side.
Side-lying Leg Raises
Complete this exercise to strengthen your buttocks and hip abductors.
- Lie down on your left side, with your head propped up on your bottom arm.
- Slowly raise your upper leg straight up, keeping the hips aligned.
- Lower your leg to starting position and repeat.
- Continue this exercise until you have completed three sets of 15 on each side.
This power move targets your glutes, hamstrings, quads, inner and outer thighs.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and arms out in front of you.
- Bend the knees slowly, back straight and head over hips.
- Arrive in a sitting position.
- Push up with the heels to arrive back to starting position.
- Complete three sets of 10.
This exercise works your quads and hamstrings. You will need a small step or bench. Keep in mind that the higher the step, the more intense the exercise will be.
- Stand in front of the small step or bench.
- Step up with one leg, and follow with the other.
- Step down with the same foot you began with.
- Repeat this move, only this time, step up with the other leg.
- Complete three sets of 15 on each leg.
Need Help Eliminating Saddlebags? Reach Out to Dr. Bohley
Do you exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet but still can’t seem to get rid of those saddlebags? Liposuction surgery can eliminate stubborn, fatty tissue deposits from the hips, buttocks and thighs that are hard to get rid of through just exercise and diet. Portland liposuction specialist Dr. Michael F. Bohley has helped hundreds of women slim and tone their lower bodies for a more beautiful, svelte physique. Schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Bohley today by calling (503) 253-3458.