The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has revealed the latest trends in plastic surgery. Here are the top 5 surprising trends in the United States:
- Men getting ‘breast reduction’ – since the percentage of obese teenagers increased to 21% in 2012, we have seen a rise in the number of male teenagers opting for breast reduction in 2014 to almost 6,700. Similarly, more than 26,000 adult males (14% more than 2013) opted for it in 2014.
- Teenagers opting for cosmetic procedures–in the year 2014, close to 224,000 teenagers in the age group of 13 to 19 had gotten plastic surgery done. The most popular among them was male breast reduction, nose reshaping, ear surgery, laser hair removal and skin resurfacing. ASPS recommends parental consent for any teenager under the age of 18.
- Botox boom–improvement of the appearance of wrinkles with the use of Botox has seen a rise recently. In 2014 6.67 million patients got Botox – spending an amazing $2.48 billion.
- Weight loss procedures – since there has been an increase in weight loss surgeries in the US since 2013, it has had a ripple effect on related cosmetic procedures well into 2014. Upper arm lifts, thigh lifts, liposuction and similar procedures for sagging skin after massive weight loss have been on the rise.
- Buttock Surgery – buttock implants and lifts have also been on a rise in 2014. Buttock lifts rose by a 44% in 2014.
With all of these cosmetic procedures, it seems that subtle aesthetic results are in high demand; patients are increasingly opting for minimally invasive procedures. Cosmetic surgery will continue to see these trends increase in Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington, as men and women find it a good option to feel confident in every situation in life and be comfortable in their own skin.